Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 5

Ok, now I'm home so I can go full-bore on this project for a few days before my next trip. My original plan yesterday was that I was scheduled to get home at 5pm and I was going to do the Power 90 (normal, not P90X) "sculpting" (ie. resistance) workout then go shopping for food and get dinner with my girlfriend. But due to the whole "hell in a handbasket" at work, I didn't get home until nearly 10:30pm and was entirely too exhausted for a workout or shop, not to mention the stores I frequent were already closed for the night.

Woke up around 8:40am and immediately drank a glass of ice water along with a big spoonful of almond butter, then went to catch up on my RSS feeds before heading back to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Breakfast 920am
Egg whites with mushrooms, seasoned with black pepper and hot sauce
Black lentils (bleh, next time hot sauce goes on these bad boys too!)
Spinach
Tomato slices
Coffee

Lunch 1pm
High Protein (that's it's name) from Smoothie King, but replaced the normal recipe's protein powder with their Gladiator protein, which I'm 80% or so certain fits in with 4HB. I don't usually believe in "drinking meals" because shakes like that never quench my hunger and I've read your brain pretty much ignores liquid calories for it's hunger queues, but this one particular smoothie is the exception that I've found so far.
PAGG
16oz bottle of water

Also went shopping and got a full order of supplements: B-Complex (required while taking PAGG), Calcium (already had some), Magnesium and Potassium.
Bought a 25lb kettle bell, which I'm almost positive will be too much for now, but enough that I can grow into it over the next few weeks and beyond. I'm looking forward to seeing what a kettle bell swing exercise can do for me.
Finally, I got the Iron Gym Extreme bar. Hopefully it works. It's supposed to snap on and off a door frame for pull-ups, which is the main reason I've wanted one, but it also serves for dips. The final phase of the P90 workout does dips and it gets old, as well as uncomfortable, throwing all the cushions off the couch to do dips on.

Power Walk 4pm
An hour later than I'd planned, but between running around shopping for the stuff I mentioned and catching up with the fine folks on Google+ I had to take what I could. On the plus side, the extra work by body went through generating the perspiration just might help me get to sleep easier tonight.
30 minutes power walking which clocked in at 3400 paces on my pedometer (unsure how calibrated it is, however) and I took a 16.9oz bottle of water and a 100-calorie pack of Emerald roasted almonds at 3g protein, 4g carbs, 2g fiber and 8g fats.

In addition to the fact that I enjoy walking for the "me time" it should also serve to warm up my whole body and limbs, which I hear is extra important for men as we approach or surpass our fourth decade. /frown

After a brief water and towel-down, on to the kettle bell! I'm quite certain my form was not correct, but it seemed pretty close; enough for the first time anyway. I did five dead lifts in proper form, then a total of 50 swings, broken down into 20 reps, then 15, then 10. I'll repeat the kettle bell swings Thursday.

Dinner 8pm
Albacore tuna steak (pre-packaged Mesquite seasoned) 35g protein
Frozen baby vegetables 3g protein
Not my planned dinner at all, but things changed so I just made do with this. I was thinking about making a serving of spinach and having one serving (the package is 3) of the frozen veggies, but I didn't want to dirty a pan just for one item so I skipped it and had the entire package of vegetables.
PAGG
Diet Rite soda

Grocery shopping should be good to go for the rest of the week and next, I hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment