Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 6

Breakfast 10am
Woke up around 920am and got started making breakfast. Remember, one of the ideal goals with 4HB is consuming at least 30g protein within one hour of waking. And cold water. I have a helluva time drinking water in the morning, but especially cold water for some reason, so that part is a real challenge for me.

2 whole eggs 12g protein. 1 egg also has 212g cholesterol so I will probably back this down to 1 egg combined with egg whites for the rest of the month.
4 turkey sausage links 20g protein (5g each). Normally if I do links I make 3, probably just habit because that's what you're served in restaurants. I increased to 4 because I didn't know the protein value of a whole egg until I looked it up after the fact.
1/2 cup cottage cheese 15g protein
2 cups spinach 1.2g protein
PAGG
Coffee, sweetened with Truvia and non-dairy creamer powder.

Total estimated protein for this meal: 48g! This will likely become one of my staple breakfasts this month when I'm home and able to cook. Now that I have more math, I will back the whole eggs down to 1, and probably 3 links, so the adjusted value next time should be around 37g protein.

Lunch 1:30pm
Did the "High Protein" smoothie again from Smoothie King. It's a great one while out doing errands, very filling and the almond mocha flavored one is to die for!
PAGG

Power Walk 4pm
40 minutes or so power walking, did the same route as yesterday.

Dinner 7pm
I don't have nutritional information because I got the foods at Native Sun from their deli.
Five-spice tofu "steak"
Miso ginger tofu salad - talk about excellent roughage, this salad used kale instead of lettuce or typical greens
Grilled baby vegetables mix
PAGG
Diet Rite soda

Casual Walk
More just for conversation and post-dinner movement than anything, my girlfriend and I took a walk around my condo complex for maybe 30 minutes before she had to leave. Still, it was better than plopping down for gaming immediately after dinner.

Totally forgot until earlier today that tomorrow is Cheat Day! I'm not actually prepared for that, LOL but it's easy to deal with.


No comments:

Post a Comment