Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 2

Today made me question even more how this is going to work while I'm at work traveling.

Breakfast 9:30am
The hotel serves breakfast so I picked the only few items that fit 4HB
2 sausage patties
1 egg "omelette" I think they were made from powdered eggs, and no cheese, which isn't allowed on 4HB anyway
Container of around 0.7oz peanut butter
PAGG
Coffee with 1/4 container half&half and Truvia sweetener

Probably not enough protein to start the day, but I took the last omelette and I don't think I could have stood a second one anyway, or a tried sausage patty. I also had a little water while getting dressed, and more once back to my room. Nowhere near the recommended amount though.

I had a little time before work so I tried one of the fitness apps for the first time. I chose Workout Trainer which was nice other than not supporting landscape view for tablets. I did the Beginner Blast workout, which was about 20 minutes of low-impact cardio and low-resistance yoga. I had just enough time to shower and get my uniform on to catch the van to the airport.

Lunch 2pm
I brought a few protein bars just in case I was hungry in flight or would not have time to get food before the next flight. I've never tried the brands I bought so this is an experiment into itself. Today I chose the Supreme Protein brand Rocky Road bar. 30 grams of protein, 2 grams fiber. The Points Plus calculator says it's 10 points! The thing was a monster and took about 30 minutes to eat, though part of that I was busy doing my job.
PAGG

Dinner 6:30pm
Turkey sandwich no bun from Carolina Pit BBQ
Tomato cucumber salad
PAGG

This ended up being a lighter meal than planned and I was hungry a few hours later.

Dinner #2 8:30pm
Turkey burger patty from Bad Daddy Burgers, no bun
2 slices of tomato

One of the big lessons so far is that vegetables are not easy to come by. There are 3 places that serve black beans, a couple where I can get tomatoes. Some of the kiosks sell trays with celery and cheese. Can't have cheese so it ends up being really expensive celery and I can't even have the ranch dip. There's a terrible Chinese place that slops some "grilled" vegetables. Tastes horrible but I may have to just suck it up to get some vegetable intake.

2 comments:

  1. Do like most of my co workers do when they travel with dietary restrictions... bring your own food or plan out buying food while you are there from a store that sells things you can eat. We have a vegetarian and a person who is allergic to gluten. Sometimes they can order off the menu, while other times they bring food.

    I know that sucks, but a lot of places can provide food that works with a specific dietary plan if you tell them in advance.

    Course I don't know what plan your working on either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nvm I see where you mention in the very first post that taking food along is a problem. I would just check on line before heading out to dinner to see if any are gluten free places. That should help a lot. I know that some do. Most Hotels with restaurants have something they can give you if your gluten free, so mention it to them next time. Also when ordering vegetables, remember that the reason some of them taste great is they can drown them in butter, which is also pretty bad. Just thought I would add that thought.

    ReplyDelete