Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day One

Yesterday was the first day of my trip. 5 legs plus my commute flight for a total of 17 hours from waking up to arriving at the hotel. Needless to say, no time for physical activities, which is often the case at work.

Friday's meals consisted of:

Breakfast 8am
1 whole egg, over medium
3 strips of no nitrate turkey bacon
Cottage cheese, just a guess maybe 3 tablespoons worth
Spinach, roughly 1/2 cup or more once cooked
Coffee, sweetened with Truvia, 1 teaspoon non-dairy creamer
PAGG tablet

Lunch 2pm
Black beans from Tequilaria; no idea how much, more than I expected. 2 cups is my estimate.
Diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon guacamole; I was hoping for sliced avacado but no luck. Not fond of guacamole.
PAGG tablet

Lunch doesn't sound like much, but it was quite filling thanks to how much black beans they served. That should fit the bill for caloric-dense legumes and protein for that meal.

Dinner 6:30pm
Turkey burger, patty only from Rum Bar
Black beans, 1 cup or so
Salad consisting of greens and lettuce, carrots, celery, tomatoes and "tropical vinegrette" dressing
PAGG tablet

That meal was larger than it may sound and was very filling. Or so I thought. Around 9pm during our break before our final leg, I was getting really hungry. That's typical, you have to eat more with 4HB, and lunch may not have been caloric-dense enough or something. I was tempted by a small frozen yogurt from Pinkberry's but ended up snacking on a slice of Naturally Delicious brand banana bread. Bread is obviously a "bad carb" but I was out of options at that time. It came up as 4 Points Plus on the Weight Watcher's calculator, which is a typical WW-brand frozen dessert value.

By 12:30am I was in my hotel room, and took the Night PAGG tablet. Wow, that thing smells! That must be the one loaded with the most garlic or something.

What Day One At Work tells me is that I didn't plan well enough in what I packed with me, and what would be available at the airports. I knew this going in, however -- this project was a very impulsive last-minute decision Thursday and I spent a lot of time driving around picking up random things that came to mind, including the PAGG stack which I've never used before, so didn't really get a chance to outline a better plan. We'll see how the rest of this trip goes and if I can take lessons this week and apply them toward the rest of the remaining month.

No comments:

Post a Comment